Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) in DVE programmes aims to enhance students’ learning experience.
- To enhance students’ experience by augmenting the skills set and providing an immersive VR environment of the workplace.
- To motivate students and engage their learning interest by using different means of technologies.
- To ensure the learning activities are organised in a safe environment.
- To repeat and revise of practice are available as needed.
TEL is one of the major VPET trends in the 21st century, a trend that can enhance the access and effectiveness of learning, as well as create better teaching and learning experiences.
Through an array of diversified trade teaching and learning activities, students could be able to experience the latest technologies and enrich their trade literacy with a view to forging a better career path.
Technologies would be used in TEL:
1. Virtual reality-based simulation system
2. Smart glasses
3. Educational video
4. Web-based interactive learning tools
6. Artificial intelligence and Robotics